Table of Contents
I have seen many people have faced this issue when trying to reconfigure the BizTalk EDI/AS2 Runtime. Due to any reason if you unconfigure and uninstall the BizTalk Server and trying to Configure it again you will get below error.
“DTS package BAM_DM_ResendJournalActivity already exists on server <ServerName>”
It is because the EDI/AS2 DTS (Data Transformation Services) packages are not automatically removed when you uninstall it from SQL Integration Services after you unconfigure the EDI/AS2 Runtime feature.
There are two methods to resolve this issue.
Use the Bm.exe utility from the command prompt to remove the DTS packages:
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- Use the CD command to locate the folder where the Bm.exe file is located.
Note: By default, the Bm.exe file is located in the following folder:
- BizTalk Server 2006: Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006Tracking
- BizTalk Server 2009: Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009Tracking
- BizTalk Server 2010: Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010Tracking
- BizTalk Server 2013: Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013Tracking
- BizTalk Server 2013R2: Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013R2Tracking
Please use below command to locate Tracking folder (For BizTalk 2013),
CD C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013Tracking
- Bm.exe remove-all -DefinitionFile:”C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013AS2ReportingActivityDefs.xml”
- Bm.exe remove-all -DefinitionFile:”C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013EdiReportingActivityDefs.xml”
- Bm.exe remove-all -DefinitionFile:”C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013EdiReportingActivityIndexes.xml”
Once remove the DTS packages, Try to configure the BizTalk Server EDI/AS2 Runtime feature again.
Use SQL Server Management Studio to remove the DTS packages:
To resolve this problem, use SQL Server Management Studio to remove the DTS packages. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start SQL Server Management Studio, click Connect, and then select Integration Services.
- In the Server type box, click Integration Services, enter the server name that you want in the Server name box, and then click Connect.
- Expand Stored Packages, and then expand MSDB.
- Right-click BAM_DM_InterchangeStatusActivity, click Delete, and then click Yes.
- Repeat step 4 for the following packages:
Try to configure the BizTalk Server EDI/AS2 Runtime feature again.
In this artcile we resolved the issue what we genrally faced after reconfigure the BizTalk EDI/AS2 Runtime.