Information about all installed BizTalk Cumulative Updates on the Server
Many times we want to know which CU or service pack is installed on machine and sometime we had not documented the information or simply we missed to write somewhere. So we can’t reply on the human or old documents. So there are some processes to find the details, I have listed all process below;
- Using BizTalk MsgBoxViewer
- Using PowerShell script
1. Manually: You can find the information manually by checking
Control Panel => All Control Panel Items => Programs and Features => View Installed Updates.
But sometimes it is time consuming just to try find them in that huge list because they are not organized in a category BizTalk.
2. Using BizTalk MsgBoxViewer: you can use BizTalk MsgBoxViewer but still if you only want to check what CU are installed, or you need to analyze your entire system with this tool, or you need to uncheck all the select default queries and check only for the cumulative updates – which can also be an annoying and time consuming task.
Probably there are other ways, nevertheless, I just want a quick and very easy way, because this is a basic and very simple task, to know what are the BizTalk Cumulative Updates installed.
3. Using PowerShell script: With using PowerShell you can automate the task and reuse them whenever necessary and at the same time saving significant time for other tasks. Windows PowerShell is a Windows command-line shell designed especially for system administrators and can be used by BizTalk administrators to help them in automating repetitive tasks or tasks that are time consuming to perform manually.
This is a simple script that allows you to configure the template name of the cumulative updates, that will change from version to version, and will give you the list of all cumulative updates installed in your machine:
After install the CU in my machine the result was what I was expecting:
2 thoughts on “Information about all installed BizTalk Cumulative Updates on the Server”
• Nice and good article. It is very useful for me to learn and understand easily. Thanks for sharing your valuable information and time. Please keep updatingAzure Online Training
Thanks for the good article.. I do have few queries. We are having BizTalk 2010 environment. Recently I installed CU9(3.9.674.2) updates in few BizTalk server but after installing the registry still shows 3.9.469.0 version and in the control panel, installed updates shows the same. Could you please guide and share the process and some documents to install CU9 for BTS2010 and how to get the machine replicated with latest CU9 version. Kindly assist please. Thanks Kamal.